2007/10/07

Mule

I just got back home to Jing, weighed down by at least 50 pounds of Western goods, mostly for my friends.  Namely such hard to get items as Advil and anti-freeze free toothpaste.  Yeah, everyone here is a bit nervous too over the recent findings on some products made in China.
This happens regardless though.  When it is known that someone is going back to the States, the poor sap going (that poor sap being me) is often given a long wish list of treasured items to haul back to the PRC.  I really like to travel light, a form worked to perfection back when I traveled a lot on business for Apple, so lugging a 75 pound suitcase is a bit of a chore for me.  Don't get me started on the $50 fee for being over the luggage weight limit.
At least this time I didn't have to smuggle anything rectally.  That can really make an 11 hour flight seem longer than usual.